Hi Go Farians, and welcome to the May Newsletter!
We have something really exciting planned for May… we are introducing the May Marathon Challenge to you this month! Each week we are challenging you to run at least 26.2 miles throughout the month of May. The challenge will begin TODAY and will run through May 29. For those of you who are still working up mileage, we will also be holding the Mini Marathon Challenge which challenges you to run at least 13.1 miles! For those of you who complete the challenge you will receive a free t-shirt at the end of the challenge!
Here are the rules:
– Must run at least 13.1 miles or 26.2 miles a week
– Must attend at least 1 Go Far Meetup a week
– Weeks will run Monday – Sunday
– Mileage proof: Join our Strava group (https://www.strava.com/clubs/go-far-run-club) or keep a written log and send a picture of it to me at the end of every week
Top 30 Go Farians will win the t shirt. You earn points in order to put yourself in the challenge. Here is how you earn points:
– 5 points: Hitting your 13.1 or 26.2 mile goal
– 5 points: Attending at least 1 Go Far Meetup each week. You will earn 1 additional point for each Go Far Meetup you attend throughout the week.
– 5 points: Writing a review for us on Meetup.com
– 1 point: Each mile you go over your 13.1 or 26.2 mile goal, with a maximum of 5 extra points earned each week
– 1 point: Posting a picture of you at or others at the Meetup on Meetup.comfor the Meetup you attended
– 1 point: Posting a picture of you at or others at the Meetup on our Facebook group for the Meetup you attended
If you are interested in joining the challenge, send me an email and let me know if you are planning on participating in the Marathon Challenge or the Mini Marathon Challenge! Let’s get this training season kicked off RIGHT!
A couple other general announcements! Thank you to everyone for working on getting your RSVPs in for us! A reminder to continue updating your RSVP as to whether or not you can make a Meetup, especially if you RSVP’d YES and can no longer attend the Meetup. This helps our organizers get our events started on time. With limited sunlight at night and people needing to get to work in the morning this is a huge deal for our organizers and Meetup attendees.
We also have our Earthquakes game on June 25 at 7PM. The game will be held at the Stanford Stadium. We are in Section 104 – near the fan zone!!! Please purchase your tickets by May 10th. – $25 per ticket. There are a limited number of seats, so get yours today! They are already almost half gone. In order to purchase your ticket, please visit the following link and use code “gofar16” in order to purchase tickets in our reserved section:https://oss.ticketmaster.com/…/sjearthqua…/EN/promotion/home
Finally, we would really appreciate it if you could update your photo onMeetup.com! It helps a lot of we have a picture of what you actually look like instead of something nondescript. This helps us ID folks who are there for our Meetups so we don’t have someone left out who didn’t realize where our group was. It is also a general safety issue. Thank you for working with us on this!
May is bringing us a ton of great Meetups, so be sure to check out our calendar for upcoming events. Just to highlight a couple:
Our Couch to 10K race is coming up on May 14! This race is open to everyone and is free of charge. The first 50 people to RSVP will receive a finishers prize at the end of the race. RSVP today!http://www.meetup.com/Go-Far-Run-Group/events/228262784/
This month’s trail adventure is taking us to Purisima, one of the most beautiful places to run in the South Bay. With all the rain we have gotten lately the stream will be running strong and you will get to see some old growth redwoods! Check it out and RSVP here:http://www.meetup.com/Go-Far-Run-Group/events/229794227/
That’s it for this month! Don’t forget to email me at email@example.com to let me know if you want to participate in the Marathon or Mini Marathon Challenge this month! Thanks for reading, and GO FAR!