Welcome to May Go Farians! Boy, do I have a lot to chat about in this one, so I’m just going to jump right in!
First of, the May Marathon Challenge is BACK! This is a month long challenge that will get you out there and training! You can compete in the full (at least 26.2 miles a week) or half marathon challenge (at least 13.1 miles a week). You can earn points in different ways, you can check out the rules below. Top 30 point earners will get a FREE t shirt that will forever prove to everyone how amazing you are. This challenge is open to all Go Farians, whether you attend Meetups in our San Jose group or our Peninsula group. You can see all the rules below:
The competition will run from 5/1 to 6/4. Rules are as follows:
– Must run at least 13.1 miles or 26.2 miles a week
– Must attend at least 1 Go Far Meetup a week
– Weeks will run Monday – Sunday
– Mileage proof: Join our Strava group (https://www.strava.com/clubs/
Top 30 Go Farians will win the t shirt. You earn points in order to put yourself in the challenge. Here is how you earn points:
– 5 points: Hitting your 13.1 or 26.2 mile goal
– 5 points: Attending at least 1 Go Far Meetup each week. You will earn 1 additional point for each Go Far Meetup you attend throughout the week.
– 5 points: Writing a review for us on Meetup.com
– 1 point: Each mile you go over your 13.1 or 26.2 mile goal, with a maximum of 5 extra points earned each week
– 1 point: Posting a picture of you at or others at the Meetup on Meetup.com for the Meetup you attended
– 1 point: Posting a picture of you at or others at the Meetup on our Facebook group for the Meetup you attended
In order to join this challenge, you MUST EMAIL ME (just respond to this email!) and let me know you are IN so that I can track your info. Looking forward to another month of miraculous miles from you Go Farians!
Next up, if you are planning on attending the SF Marathon, Stanton has generously shared a discount code that will get you the hook up! Big thanks to Fitbit and Stanton for hooking us up in this awesome way! Please make sure you support Fitbit by visiting their website https://www.fitbit.
Speaking of discounts – thanks to Marcia we will be getting an opportunity to shop at the Mountain Hardware employee store! What does this mean? Amazingly cheap prices for amazingly good product! We will be getting together as a group to go shopping on May 27 (https://www.meetup.com/Go–
Finally, we are starting to incorporate HERO WORKOUTS (https://www.meetup.com/Go–
That’s it for this month! Thanks for reading through this, and remember to EMAIL me if you want to participate in the May Marathon Challenge! Thanks all and GO FAR!