Welcome Go Farians to the MEGA NOVEMBER NEWSLETTER *cue air horn sounds* With a lot to discuss I’m just going to jump right in!
1. HOLIDAY PARTY!!! We still have some open spots for holiday party (15 to be exact!). We would love to have you join us at this annual tradition! This year our holiday party will be held at Ludwig’s in San Jose. The event will take place on December 8th and will start at 7PM. There are always lots of surprises and lots of fun to be had! The deadline to secure your space for the holiday party is THIS FRIDAY!! Family is more than welcome to attend and we usually have lots of significant others who attend. If you would like to attend, please send me a $40 deposit to firstname.lastname@example.org via PayPal. If you would like to give me a check or cash, please do so at Wednesday speed workout! We have an EXTRA special surprise for you this year, so RSVP soon so you don’t miss out!! https://www.meetup.com/
2. SHOE DRIVE!!! We are still collecting shoes and gently used running clothing at any Meetup! We have lots of donations so far, but we still need more! Please reach out to your friends, family, coworkers, anyone! We also could really use your help on volunteering to collect shoes. We are looking for someone to help at Berkeley Half Marathon Packet Pick Up this Friday and Saturday if you are available. Please let me know as soon as you can if you are free to work the packet pick up!
3. TREE DECORATION!!! We get to decorate our very own Christmas Tree this year! We are going to meet at the Technology Museum at Christmas in the Park on November 24 at 9AM to decorate our tree with RUNNING MEDALS! If you have 2-5 running medals you can part with (we are supposed to get them back, but no guarantee) please bring them with you! Check out more details here: https://www.meetup.com/
4. DESTINATION TRAIL RUN!!! We’re back with Destination Trail Runs! This one will be at Huddart Park on November 25 at 8AM. Perfect way to run off all that turkey and pie you ate at Thanksgiving! RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
5. SPORTS BASEMENT SHOPPING DAY!!! We have been lucky enough to secure a 20% off shopping day at ANY of the Sports Basement locations on Sunday, December 3! For those who attend Sunday Long Run, we will be heading over after our run! RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
6. SONIC RUNWAY!!! There’s an incredible art installation set up in downtown San Jose and we thought the perfect way to experience this would be with a run, of course! The route is about 2 miles total and we will meet in front of the Spaghetti Factory on Thursday December 14 at 6PM! RSVP here: https://www.meetup.com/
7. FAMILY GIVING TREE!!! The volunteer event of the YEAR is back again for the 6th year this year! This is by far one of the most meaningful volunteer events I have ever experienced, and I know if you join you will feel the same way. We will be sorting presents and bagging them for underprivileged kids in the Bay Area. It’s a great way to give back. Family is more than welcome to join, so please RSVP accordingly. Let’s make this our biggest group from all the previous years! Please check out all the details here: https://www.meetup.com/
8. MEETUP CHANGES!!! Keep an eye out for holiday time changes for your favorite Meetups! We will not be having track workout the night before Thanksgiving and there are some additional changes around Christmastime.
That is it for this month!!! Thank you all for soldiering through and reading this whole newsletter 🙂 I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving, and remember to always GO FAR!